Learning Experience Designer (Instructional Designer) – FT Contract
Klick Learning Solutions creates remarkable learning experiences for our clients. We create a full spectrum of learning offerings and we push boundaries to create new ones that did not exist yesterday. We are a highly collaborative company that moves fast and are totally fearless. If you’re looking for comfort, move along. If you’re looking to do the best work of your life, let’s talk.
We are looking for a Learning Experience Designer who will bring innovative thinking and design to our clients’ learning solutions. With an ability to design and develop incredible learning experiences in any modern modality from micro learning to social learning to instructor led, our Learning Experience Designer will work collaboratively with our incredible creative and technical team at Klick to push the boundaries on learner-centric solutions.
You have a body of work that demonstrates unexpected and unique solutions to common learning problems. You don’t just develop sound instructional materials, you insightfully craft learning experiences that strategically engage learners and produce performance results. In other words, you killed the “next” button a long time ago.
About the Role
- You will draw from a diverse background of design and learning techniques to define and sequence instructional content and strategies to optimize learning experiences
- You will work collaboratively with a team of creative and development resources to produce high quality solutions that turn our clients into rock stars
- You will own projects related to designing, developing, editing and iterating on high quality multi-modality learning solutions such as micro learning, e-learning, instructional videos, instructor led, etc.
- You will design intuitive experiences that are grounded in adult learning principles and directly mapped to our client’s business and learning objectives
- You will be developing scripts and storyboards that convey complex problems through simple instructional videos and/or interactive courses
- You will participate in client meetings and be comfortable influencing decisions at different levels of client organizations
Who We’re Looking For:
- 5+ years’ experience in learning and development, corporate learning, instructional and learning experience design
- A storyteller. Design and/or develop learning experiences that “stick”
- Tech Savvy. You love exploring new tools and technologies that push the boundaries on learning experiences
- A builder. You can create scalable, quality-driven learning experiences that last.
- A self starter. You’re ready for the autonomy that comes with building new things and managing multiple projects at any given moment.
- A team player. You aren’t scared to collaborate across function or teams to get the best possible outcome for your content.
- Poised. Cool and calm under pressure, you follow through on tasks and look for opportunities to step up to new challenges and innovate.
- Process driven. You have superior organizational skills, and constantly look to iterate on things to make them more effective and scalable.
- Naturally curious. You love learning and are invested in making our clients’ learners successful
- Strong knowledge of Lectora, Captivate and Storyline
- Experience in adult learning, design thinking and/or instructional design
- Experience in UX and visual/graphic design a plus!
- Experience or knowledge of learning management systems (LMS) a plus!